In the wonderland of Kashmir
INR 65,000 per person
Kashmir is cradled high in the lofty green Himalayas and hailed all over the world for its incredible natural beauty. Surrounded by mountain peaks, lush green valleys, glistening lakes, temples and spectacular Mughal-era gardens, it has inspired poets through centuries.
Kashmir is crisscrossed by chinar tree-lined roads and quaint wooden bridges and is home to bustling bazaars, Sufi shrines and forts. Add to this, the charms of flavorful Kashmiri cuisine and apples and walnuts from the lush orchards surrounding it. And in summers as the snow melts, and the flowers in the meadows bloom it resembles an artist’s canvas.
Join IT Nature Club in exploring this season and soak in the beautiful valley of Kashmir from 11th June to 24th June, 2022.
- Arrival at Srinagar Airport by morning flight. You will be picked up along with the fellow travellers and drive approx 16 kms to check into the hotel.
- Post lunch, proceed to visit the 3rd century Shankararya Temple. From there we proceed to visit the 16th century Mughal Gardens. Visit Nishat, Shalimar and Cheshma Shahi Gardens. A chance to enjoy the birdlife there too.
- Evening free time to explore on your own.
- After breakfast, we shall proceed to the historical site of Burzahoma Archeological site in the outskirts of Srinagar.
- Post lunch we proceed to visit Harwan Buddhist site which is now in ruins, visit Dachigam Wildlife famed for its biodiversity with ample chances of bird watching.
- Evening back to the hotel and overnight at Srinagar Hotel.
- Post breakfast we shall proceed to Yusmarg, also known as the Meadow of Jesus via Charar-i-Sharief which is famous for Sufi saint Almadar-i-Kashmir. Arrive Yusmarg and check into the hotel.
- Post lunch proceed for a short trek upto Doodh Ganga. The hike is a mild one as there is a concrete path upto Doodh Ganga and there are 120 steps which are not steep. You can hire horses/ ponies by paying Rs. 300/- each way.
- Evening back to your hotel in Yusmarg.
- Post breakfast we shall proceed to some of the tribal villages around Yusmarg, namely Pakherpora, Kanadajin and Darwan.
- Post lunch proceed back to Yusmarg and later enjoy beautiful nature walk around Yusmarg or a short trek to Neel Naq which is an important place in Hindu mythology.
- Evening back to the hotel in Yusmarg.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Yusmarg hotel.
- After breakfast we shall check out from the hotel and proceed to Doodhpathri (Meadow of Milk) located approx 65 kms from Yusmarg. We shall drive through apple orchards and enjoy a glimpse of the village around. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the meadow covered with snow-clad mountains of Doodhpathri.
- Post lunch we shall visit Shaliganga river whose origin is at Ashtar Glacier.
- We shall proceed to Srinagar and check into our houseboat. Overnight in the houseboat. Dinner and overnight at your Houseboat Hotel.
- After enjoying our breakfast in the Houseboat, we shall proceed to Mansbal lake, enjoy the serenity of the lake.
- We shall later proceed to Kheer Bhawani Temple.
- Post lunch proceed to Old Srinagar city driving through Nigeen Lake, Hazratbal, Kashmir University.
- Visit Hariparbat Fort and famed Almond Gardens.
- Arrive back to the houseboat. Overnight in the houseboat.
- Post breakfast and photo rides on the lake, check out and proceed to Kargil, driving through beautiful valleys and majestic mountains.
- We shall continue our drive and cross Zojila pass, Minmarg, Mayayen, Drass War Memorial and later arrive at Kargil and check in at the hotel.
- Later free time to explore Kargil.
- Overnigght at Kargil.
- After breakfast check out from Kargil and proceed to Sonmarg. (Approx 120 kms and will take 4 hours). Arrive at Sonmarg and check in at your hotel.
- Later free time in Sonmarg to soak in the beauty of Sonmarg.
- Overnight at Sonmarg hotel.
- After breakfast, check out and proceed to Pahalgam (Approx 165 kms and will take 4 hours).
- On the way stop at Saffron fields and cricket bat factory.
- Later continue to drive Pahalgam Arrive and check in at the hotel.
- Overnight at Pahalgam.
- Post we shall proceed to an excursion to Betab and Aru valley by hiring local taxi from Pahalgam stand as the outside vehicles are not allowed as per the taxi union’s rule.
- Later we shall proceed to visit Baisaran Valley popularly known as ‘Mini Switzerland’ on horse rides (optional on extra cost).
- Overnight at Pahalgam.
- After breakfast we shall check out from the hotel and proceed to Daksum (approx 78 kms and will take 3 hrs).
- On the way we shall stop at the ruins of Martand Temple.
- Arrive Daksum and check in at your hotel.
- Overnight at the hotel.
- After breakfast we shall proceed through the winding roads to Sinthan Tops.
- Post lunch visit Kokernag and Verinag springs.
- Evening back to the hotel. Overnight at Daksum.
- Check out after breakfast and proceed to Srinagar via Achabal garden and Aharbal waterfalls. Continue your drive to Srinagar.
- Arrive Srinagar and check in at the hotel.
- Overnight at Srinagar.
- Check out from Srinagar hotel post breakfast and the group will be dropped off at the airport together for their onward journey.
Tour Cost: Rs: 65,000/- per person on twin sharing basis.
- 13 nights accommodation on twin sharing basis on CPA (Breakfast with room).
- Transportation for sight-seeing from 11th June 2022. Pick-up from airport to 23rd June 2022. Drop off to airport except to Betab Valley and Aru Valley excursion.
- All taxes, tolls, parking and driver charges.
- Tea, snacks, coffee and one bottle of mineral water per day per guest.
- One Kashmiri traditional lunch on one of the days during the tour for the group.